Blog: Getting Started with AI: help improve the wiki with questions, answers, advice and resources
We regularly get questions here from enterprising beginners who wonder how they can get started with AI. We have a section for that on /r/artificial‘s wiki, but as /u/anal_bifurcation pointed out, it’s quite old. I think I fixed the few links that were actually broken (assuming springer.com will come back online), but that doesn’t change the fact that the actual content hasn’t been updated in about 2 years.
Unfortunately, I haven’t consumed much "getting started materials" myself in the intervening time, so I don’t know what’s new and what’s good.
- If you have any general questions that the wiki does not address, please ask them here. If you have questions that are specific to your personal life or situation, you can also ask them here, but you could also make your own post about that.
- If you have answers to these questions, please post them. I’ll do my best as well, but the whole point is that I want to hear from others as well.
- Please also post your own advice for beginners. You don’t have to be a veteran to do so: sometimes an account of someone’s own experience in getting started can also be very illuminating.
- What resources would you recommend, and which wouldn’t you? Books, articles, tutorials, MOOCs, etc.
- Please also comment on each other’s questions, answers, advice and resources. E.g. if you (dis)agree with a certain piece of advice or a book recommendation, that’s valuable information too. This also applies to giving your opinion on what’s currently on the wiki (e.g. maybe you disagree on university being useful).
The wiki is also a bit of a mess now: e.g. there are 3 "getting started" pages which have some overlapping (and arguably inconsistent) content. I’ll try to fix that up when I try to incorporate the things y’all will post here. Any suggestions are of course welcome. If you want to edit the wiki directly: I’m a little bit apprehensive about letting just anyone edit the main and existing pages, but you can message me about it or create your own pages on the community part of the wiki if you want.
Thanks for your help!
Source: Artificial Intelligence